Sep 20, 2012

Photo blog: Our Italian wedding weekend

A weekend in Italy.....maybe the last "adventure" together as just a couple, before becoming parents. So amazing and so exhausting all at once. Exhausting, but oh so worth it!
We left on Friday evening and came home on Sunday evening and I've been spending my time ever since recovering. I knew this would be a challenge for me right now, physically speaking, but I wanted so desperately to see my friends getting married and to feel "normal" (meaning: not just like a pregnant blue whale), if only for a couple of days.

The wedding was stunningly beautiful and the bride and groom were absolutely radiant and sooo full of happiness! This was our first Italian wedding and we both agree, it's very different from both the Swiss and Swedish style weddings..... In a way, less organized and formal, but in a very relaxed yet very elegant manor and with a major focus on FOOD (amazing food I might add!). We didn't understand many words during the ceremony, so we just went with it......with the flow I mean....and during dinner, we were kindly placed at an English speaking table. All though we parked the car just outside so I could go and lay down in between, I didn't last as long as I would have wanted to.....I think we had to say our thank you and goodbye's at around 22:30, but at least my back didn't break down until we were back at our little Bed and Breakfast ;))


Some photos to share a bit of the atmosphere with you.... I was incredibly trigger happy with my camera this day as there was so much beauty around and happy moments to capture, am however just sharing a few since I only had the opportunity to ask the bride and groom for permission to post pictures of them. Am not comfortable with posting photos without asking the people in them if they are ok with it. At least not ones in where you clearly see their faces.
Me before the ceremony starts.... Pregnant at end of week 35.
Fail: Yes, I know I talked about curls, but my pregnancy brain forgot that the curling iron has a Swiss plug and I didn't have a converter with me ;)
Chris, in his new suit...
At the home of the bride's parents before the wedding started. So gorgeous! 
On the way to a photo session with the official photographer......and we tagged a long to take some unofficial ones =p


The beautiful church of Bernate Ticino - Chiesa di san Giorgio
Arriving at the church


Proud father, walking his beloved daughter down the isle....


Decoration outside the church
Congratulations with rice and rose petals


Chiesa di san Giorgio at sunset
The location of the dinner party
Details ;))
The buffet of starters was AMAZING!!! Let me add to this picture that there were lots of other things, but this is my veggie plate ;))
The cake, which was accompanied by an abundance of desserts.
I don't think anyone felt hungry or disappoited after this incredible dinner ;)) We are still talking about it!
On the way home, we had a stop in the charming village of Aosta to, take a brake from the car ride, seep in some Italian mountain atmosphere and to buy some wines and cheeses. A very good decision!
The beautiful Aosta village
Gelato - A given when it Italy ;))

We loved this little shop called "La Bottegattccia" and made all our food shopping in there...


3 bottles of wine, 1 bottle of olive oil, 2 goat cheeses, 1 salami and some pasta is what we came home with....

xox

5 comments:

  1. Another first! Yup, Italian weddings require some recovery afterwards, if from nothing else definitely from the food coma ;-)

    Your outfit is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it's the kind of food coae you'd love to be back in soon!! There are those food comas where you feel like you can never eat again, but the Italian food comas always make me feel like I wanna come back for more......soon ;p

      Thanks so much Elisa!! <3
      x

      Delete
  2. Ahhh Aoste. Jo and I used to love taking our visitors from Australia over the mountains to Aoste for lunch. As always Linda great photos and the light is excellent. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? For me it was the first time =)) A bit of a shame that it was a Sunday as most shops were closed....so I just have to go back there!
      Thanks so much for the lovely photo compliment!!
      Hope you're doing great! x

      Delete

  3. thanks for comment wedding day theme, so you can really go for it and make a lasting impression its really nice






    Wedding Reception Hall Rental in Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x