Jul 6, 2011

Movie recommendation - Barney's version

Barney's Version (2010)
4.5/5

FINALLY that movie came! The one I have been waiting for....the movie that would move me to tears and laughter, would make me THINK and for short moments, put my heartbeats on pause. Barney's version is a beautiful story about love, recklessness, regrets and about never giving up. 


"Take a ride through the life and memories of Barney Panofsky, a hard-drinking, cigar-smoking, foulmouthed 65-year old hockey fanatic and television producer, as he reflects on his life's successes and (numerous) gaffes and failures as the final chapters of his own existence come sharply into focus." Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1423894/


Paul Giamatti's performance is exceptional and in my opinion, certainly worthy of an Oscar nomination (at least!) for this role!! It is a movie that is equally beautiful and hard to watch that will make you reflect upon your own life, hopefully making you appreciate what you have more and help you put the good parts of it into focus.....


Don't miss this amazing gem!! All though the playing time is quite long (132 min's), it is worth the time spent.....

Watch the trailer:


....or read more about it here:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/barneys-version/


I hope you enjoy it! Please do let me know what you think about it.
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x