Jul 31, 2010

Rainbow Coloured Cupcakes - Recipe

Coucouuuu!!

I am ridiculously happy as I baked Rainbow Coloured Cupcakes today for the first time and the result was prrrreeeeeetty neat ;) 
I've been obsessing about these for ages and finally decided to give it a go.

It was very time consuming and required a lot of patience and a steady hand, but they are sooooo pretty, so I'd say it was worth every minute! ...oh, well.....I hope you agree?Anyway, do you wanna give it a try? 



Here's the recipe!

Ingredients: Rainbow Coloured Cupcakes

250g butter (chopped)
1 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon baking powder
2 ¼ cups white flour
¾ cup milk
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (I used
Bellagio Orange Pecan Gourmet Hot Cocoa)
1 tablespoon milk
Food colouring (I used blue, yellow, red & green)
Sprinkles or other decorations of your own choice (I used pink sugar sprinkles and dragée chocolate hearts)

Ingredients: Butter and Cream Cheese Lemon Frosting

200g cream cheese softened
200g butter (room temperatured)
1.5 dl's of powdered sugar
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of cream
2 teaspoons of vanilla
Directions:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place the cupcake liners (this recipe made roughly 20 Cupcakes) on the baking tray.Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, until pale and creamy. 

Add the eggs, one at a time and also beat in the vanilla, baking powder, cocoa powder and milk.
Lightly fold the flour into the creamy mixture. Divide the mixture into six smaller bowls and mix the desired colours.


Layer the batter in the liners gently. It is important not to put too much batter in each layer as if the layers are too heave, there is a risk of the colours blending all together, making the cupcakes more grey than rainbow coloured ;))


Bake in the lower part of the owen for around 20 minutes and then place them on a wire rack to cool for about 1 hour.


Now make the icing in a small bowl by mixing all ingredients together with an electric mixer and pipe it onto your cupcakes.
Finish off with your desired decorations and Ta-daaaaaa!! You are done!


I hope you enjoy making these as much as I did!! 

xox

4 comments:

  1. They look beautiful! Like clouds on the rainbow. Do not think I could have the patience to bake such a thing but maybe one day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey linda, i'm having trouble emailing you my guest post. i've tried to send it three times to the email you emailed me with. do you have another one i could try?

    dandelion.lina@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lydia!! Actually the frosting was really meant to be the clouds, so cool that you made that association =)) You should definately try it! It takes time, but eating them were a real treat!

    Lina: I send you an alternative address ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hej! det är jätte fint tårta!

    ReplyDelete

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x