Jul 31, 2010

Inception (2010)
4.5/5

In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a highly skilled thief is given a final chance at redemption which involves executing his toughest job till date, Inception.

Cobb "I can't stay with her anymore because she doesn't exist"
Mal "I'm the only thing you do believe in anymore." 
Cobb "I wish. I wish more than anything. But I can't imagine you with all your complexity, all you perfection, all your imperfection. Look at you. You are just a shade of my real life. You're the best I can do; but I'm sorry, you are just not good enough."

It is a multi-coloured cocktail made of fast-paced cleverness, excellently directed action sequences, a nothing less than fantastic cast, stunning visual effects and a jaw-dropping plot!! It is the movie I have been waiting for for a long time.......the movie of the year perhaps.

If I would explain to you why I gave this movie a 4.5 and not a 5, it all has to do with the first 30 minutes, as when they chose their team, it just seems too easy and too perfect. Like it would be a more superficial movie, like a James Bond. I would have wished for more richness in this part. 
Make no mistake, this movie is just as good as they say it are! I would however argue that all though it is indeed a complex story, it is not as hard to follow as some reviews make you believe..... The danger is in the details! If you focus too much during the movie to solve one puzzle, you will get lost as the whole movie is full of them ;) Just go with the flow and do the major analyzing afterwards. 
The magic of this movie is the way it manages to mesmerize it's viewers, both with the big picture and all the details while slowly building up Cobb's emotional dilemma.....

Watch the trailer:
....or read more about it here:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inception/

Enjoy!!!
xox

2 comments:

  1. yes! this movie was AMAZING! seriously. a m a z i n g .

    your guest post is coming soon! sorry it's taking a bit! should email it to you by tonight : )

    i think i'm doing it on thrifting : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha here we go AGAIN!! We should so continue to swap movie tips ;)

    No worries about the post... It was great!! Thanx!
    xox

    ReplyDelete

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x