Oct 4, 2009

Movie recommendation - Grave of the Fireflies

Grave of the Fireflies (1988)
5/5



This has got to be the most beautiful and sad animated film I have EVER seen (....am even thinking it is one of the most beautiful films I have ever seen animated or not)!!
Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes...

I watched it in english which made it even more emotional for me as I didn't have to focus on reading subtitles. Probably watching this in your own language is the best way - but tastes are diffrent of course ;)


What struck me about this movie is also how incredibly well made it is......that someone can make an animation seem like real life like this this nothing less than impressive!

I was prepared for tragedy as I had heard about it but I still cried my eyes out!! An extra plus for the soundtrack - especially the end track which you can also hear in the trailer below ;)
This is one of those movies, actually there are very few, that I think I will never forget!
I mean it when I say WOW! WOW! WOW!

Watch the trailer:



....or read more about it here:


Don't miss this amazing yet tragic GEM!

Enjoy is the wrong word.......but at least appreciate the beauty of animation at it's best!
xox
Linda - Lost in Switzerland

PS. When I searched for the trailer, I noticed that someone has uploaded the whole movie on you tube, but in several pieces ;))

1 comment:

  1. oh, another must see for me! you should check out whispers of the heart (i think that's what it's called...).

    ReplyDelete

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x