Aug 24, 2009

Movie recommendation - Waitress

Waitress (2007)
5/5

This is the story of a woman trapped in a life from which she dreams to escape from...

Jenna's (Keri Russell) secret ambition is to save enough money from her waitressing job to leave her overbearing and controlling husband.
Jenna is a sharp, sassy woman with a gift for making unusual pies whose recipes are inspired by the trials, tribulations and circumstances of her life.
An unwanted pregnancy changes the course of events giving her an unexpected confidence via letters to her unborn baby.

"I could find the whole meaning of life in those sad eyes"

I fell head over heels in love with this completely adorable & charming little gem! Keri Russel is simply sparkling! The ingredients are not all sweet though. Actually the story is rather sad - but it leaves you with a feeling joy and hope...

"I Hate My Husband Pie... You take bittersweet chocolate and don't sweeten it. You make it into a pudding and drown it in caramel".

I haven't seen a movie this heartwarming since Little Miss Sunshine ;o) ...and let me add, I haven't been this hungry while watching a movie since Chocolat!! Though my hopes for this film were high - it managed to surprise me in the most positive way. Movies like this one don't come along that often, so make sure you don't miss out...

Watch the trailer:


....or read more here:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/waitress/

Enjoy and please let me know what you thought..?

xox
Linda
Lost in Switzerland

1 comment:

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x